Laura’s postnatal yoga classes are friendly, welcoming, loads of fun and a huge benefit to both mum and baby! A wonderful opportunity for you as a new mum to ease your way back into exercise after the birth of your baby. Discover how yoga can help you stretch, strengthen and tone your body.
Whether you are new to yoga or reconnecting with it, these classes will restore your sense of wellbeing. Classes are modern, informal and a lovely way to meet new friends or re connect with the friends you made at pregnancy yoga, in a warm and welcoming environment.
Classes are a lovely chance for you to practice yoga with your baby by your side or with them joining in! (You’re also welcome to come along hands free!) Baby Yoga helps babies to relax and establish better sleep, co-ordination and motor development and build their confidence through interaction with Mummy. We will also touch on baby massage in the classes which has many benefits to baby and is lovely to be able to do.
Classes are suitable from 6 weeks (vaginal birth) and 8 weeks (C-section). Please also get a check with your GP before coming along. Suitable for babies aged 6 weeks to 9 months old or pre-crawling babies. No previous experience of yoga is necessary and mats are provided for you.
Benefits of Postnatal / Mum & Baby Yoga – ( A few but there are many more benefits!)
- Strengthening, re aligning and toning your muscles, especially abdominals, pelvic floor and back.
- Using the breath to help increase calm and confidence.
- Improving your sleep.
- Nurturing yourself
- Encouraging physical & emotional postnatal healing
- Encouraging you and your baby to find time and space for relaxation.
- Engaging and bonding with your baby.
- And mostly, you will have a laugh in a friendly, welcoming environment and hopefully meet other mums!
- Please ensure you are signed off from your GP prior to coming along.
- Please bring with a towel, blanket or any extra cushioning you would like for you or your baby.
- There will be room for you to feed, change and look after your baby